One month of your life …the experience of a lifetime!
Life moves at a hectic pace these days. We’re bombarded with information, deadlines and stresses, when all we’d like to do is take some time out to replenish ourselves, consider our career options, explore new cultures, and see how the rest of the world lives. A gap year – whatever your age – can open you up to the world, and get you back in touch with yourself…
Most of us, however, don’t have the time or financial resources to take a year out. But what if you could condense a wealth of insights and experiences into just one month? 30 days – in one of the most dynamic, diverse, and culturally rich countries on earth.
The place is India. The program is the India Intensive Career Break. The result? A fascinating and enriching insider’s view into the business, cultural and community workings of this exotic and yet somehow familiar country – plus an international perspective that will enhance your business and social dealings in any part of the world.
Get inside the real India
This is not a package tour, as such. Instead of the inside of your tour bus, you’ll be seeing India in action, and taking part yourself. You’ll learn the fundamentals of doing business in this thriving, modern economy alongside local students in one of the many business colleges. You’ll engage in social enterprise, working within an organization helping India’s disadvantaged. Then, you’ll explore the some of the country’s most famous cultural centres, including a stay in a Hindu ashram.
Enriching. Humbling. Positive. Educational. Career-boosting. Fun. Mind-expanding. You’ll find your own words for this unique experience, and they’ll stay with you for the rest of your life.
What to Expect
You will discover for yourself some of the challenges and issues that go with being one of the biggest and most complex nations on earth. We will source a working position in a Social Service Organisation for you, and to support you in this we will make sure that you are supplied with the information you need to know about public health services in India, in the form of a short lecture.
India has more than its fair share of mind-blowing things to see – it’s bursting at the seams with colourful heritage and has more cultural sites to marvel at than you’ve had hot dinners. Certainly, hot curries. Besides local trips in and around Delhi, we will take you to experience places of outstanding beauty and cultural significance: to Agra to see the famous Taj Mahal, through the splendour of Jaipur in the desert lands and on to the holy cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh on the River Ganges, visiting the area’s various temples and monuments. Finally, in Rishikesh you’ll get a spend couple of days in an ‘Ashram’ – a Hindu Hermitage – where you’ll get the chance to relax, breath out the bustle and activity of the previous weeks and just soak up the exquisite serenity, reflecting quietly on your experiences and preparing yourself to take on the rest of your life, with confidence and purpose.
• Learn about Indian culture, values, way of life, music, and dance through discussion sessions with experts, participating in social and cultural events in community and, by spending time with ethnic families.
• Learn about contemporary India, development challenges, health and sanitation, gender etc. through dialogue sessions with subject specialists.
• Explore India, its historical past through site visits to some of great tourist destinations like Agra and Jaipur.
Program Duration: 4 weeks
Program Location: Based out of New Delhi
Program cost: USD 1650
Program cost includes:
- Pre-departure orientation material
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- In-country orientation and related material
- In-country support staff
- Housing on sharing basis with traditional vegetarian Indian breakfast and dinner
- Mobile Phone
- Transportation to Agra and Jaipur
- Monument entry fee in Agra and Jaipur
- Transportation to Rishikesh
Program cost does not include:
- Air ticket, visa fee and travel insurance
- Weekend trips and any activities in free time
- Personal expenses, tips of any nature, shopping, mineral water, lunch
- Any other expenses that are not included in the list above